Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November

So I guess it's been awhile since I posted. Things like the new siding (and new windows, doors, and trim) project at our house, three kids passing around a stomach bug with ALL that entails, and trying to rescue my house from the crushing weight that was October have not left me much time for reflection. Or story-telling. And I do love a good story.

But then I got an email this morning reminding me that November is National Adoption Month.

There are few things I love to talk about more than adoption. Since February 2011, when we started our own adoption process, I've read and heard and learned so much about adoption I could go on for days. During the time we were waiting for permission to travel to pick up our daughter, it was almost all I could think about. But there are already millions of websites and articles out there about all that and I don't need to add another one. And I don't plan to turn my blog into a personal soapbox about adoption. (collective "phew!" from all readers, I know)

Instead I want to share a video that summarizes our 3 1/2 year adoption process. Videos are more exciting than articles, right? And if you're not interested, just don't click the link.

Some of you saw this video a couple years ago but it says what I want to say better than I could with my words.

 

P.S. Yes, I know it's weird to see me with long hair in the video. And no, I don't ever plan to do that again.

1 comment: